Monday, July 6, 2015

My Castle


My Castle
by Seah Greenhorn
(Poem with copyright)

A dragon proclaims:
"You can fly!

Jump off this cliff."

"No thanks!
I'd die.

That's not faith.
That's lunacy!

To believe in that
an unreality.

Do I have wings
to catch a breeze,

to soar with the eagles,
gliding
and at ease?"

No, real faith
is a
castle

solidly
built

brick-by-brick
on a concrete
foundation--
God's Word of Truth

not

meticulously upheld by
traditions on silt.

A fortress to store

treasures

secured/protected
behind a
massive door,

since

Deep
in the ocean
beautifully blue

I dove
frequent,

Yes,
excitely

often
to procure
and
accumulate, 

True

Pearls of high value
with a slight rosy hue.

No,
faith is not
credulity

Blind in the eye,

thinking without wings
A child can fly.

Yet,

Faith
does
have actions.

It's
not dead
but

ALIVE

Inside

My Castle.

Based on Hebrews 11:1; Matthew 4:5, 6; 13:36, 45, 46; Acts 17: 10, 11; 1 Thess. 2:13; James 2:26.





No comments:

Post a Comment