Friday, October 23, 2015

Ride Them Like A Pony



Hi Everyone.

Think about these words and see if you cannot identify with the sentiments:

"As for me, my feet had almost strayed; my steps had nearly slipped. For I became envious of the arrogant when I would see the peace of the wicked." Ps. 73:2,3.

"Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure and washed my hands in innocence. " Vs. 13.

"But my heart was sour, and deep inside I felt sharp pain." Vs. 21.

Alright...

You've thought about it. Maybe some are thinking..."Oh...not me!" and others, "Yes! They (the unrighteous or dishonest or the just plain wicked) seem to win all the time. Why should I try and be righteous or good?" ... And then maybe others are thinking, "Yes, I felt that way before."

None of these feelings are wrong. Feelings arise inside us sometimes like a bubbling brook, an active volcano, or are deep inside us as a dark well.

However they exist is not important, since we are individuals with our own fingerprint dispositions.

How we act upon them is important.

Controlling our feelings, can be like breaking in a wild bucking horse. They may throw us off their sweaty backs sometimes, but we must hop right back on, crawl onto, or get some help ... whatever way is necessary.  But we must show them who really holds the reigns.

Get the feeling I've been viewing some Ponderosa? ...

Okay, so what is the point of the above verses today?

We have a destination; a particular goal...

"But as for me, drawing near to God is good for me. I have made the Sovereign Lord Jehovah my refuge, to declare all your works." Psalm 73:28.

This is how the author of the above mentioned verses ended his discouragement. With that reminder.

Sounds doable? ... It is :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment